Hello Everyone and Happy Tuesday 🙂
Can you believe that some people never ever read if they can help it? Not even a magazine or the newspapers! Some people have not even read the Harry Potter Series, or anything that Tolkien wrote, or The Chronicles of Narnia, or the Marvel and DC comics!
What’s wrong with you? I’m outraged! I’m shocked to my very core! I lost ever bit of respect for you!
And the worst of worst, those same people will haughtily point out to you that they saw the movies anyway, so they know what this is about.
Oh my potato, where do you get off? No, no, no!
- You do NOT know what is going on until you’ve read the book.
- You are not fully impregnated and enchanted by the story’s universe until you’ve read the book.
- You are not completely able to empathized with the villain until you’ve read the book.
- You are not a true fan of the series until you’ve read the book!
There. I’ve said it.
But seriously, am I the only one who feel personally betrayed when a supposedly friend drops the mask and reveals himself to be a book slacker?
Reading is travelling, pure and simple. It’s more than learning, it’s feeling, it’s dreaming, and it’s freeing. Reading helps developing everything that is wonderful and already inside of your brain. It gives you the keys to unlock the hidden secrets of life, because no true author holds back on what he loves, what he hates, what moved him or what broke him when he writes. A book is a life. You can only learn from it.
I love reading, it always takes me to a new and wonderful world. Well…you know, if the book is good.
My advice for today: Grab a book, and read!
And enjoy this Shatzi!
Quote of the day
Pictures of the day ^^
Song of the day
Artist: God is an Astronaut
Music Composition “Beyond The Dying Light”
Album “Far From Refuge” 2007
- If you liked the pictures of the day, do not hesitate to show some love to the wonderful photographer Tsuyoshi Hasegawa.
- Featured Image Header: hipster-indie-retro.tumblr.com