Such exciting news I have to share with you! JGC.COM aka “Journalist-Geo-Cultures” been nominated for a Liebster Award for the first time! My first award!
I’m very humble and grateful that my little blog has been recognised and appreciated for what it is, especially since the main vocation of it is to share motivation, inspiration and Happiness.
The lovely blogger scintillatingmemoirs nominated me for the award and I of course acknowledge it and send her a huge virtual hug and cookies! This is very sweet and it means a lot coming from someone having such a beautiful and inspirational blog herself! I invite everyone who read this post to go and check it out. She’s got a touch of magic in her ink and a beautiful way to inspire. Two of my favorites works of her are “You are your own superhero” and “Godforsaken“.
Now, to quickly explain, if you don’t already know it: The Liebster Award is an award that is given by bloggers for bloggers. It is an unofficial way to help bloggers connect with each others, and a great tool to help the writers community find some hidden and awesome blogs out there. It’s an honor to be nominated for one and I’m so happy!
You can find more information and all the official rules of the Liebster Award on the Global Aussie website.
When you are nominated by someone for this award and you have chosen to acknowledged that nomination, there is a few rules you have to honor before posting your gratitude and passing along the awesomeness, so here we go:
- I do not have one favorite blog yet, so it’s impossible for me to gush about it as much as I would like too ^^ I’m certainly not new to WordPress but I haven’t had the time to just explore all the wonderful blogs hidden out there. This chain of awards is a great way to start. Now, I don’t favor one blog yet, but I do have a couple of blogs I like very much and I sincerely think they deserve to be nominated for the Liebster Award as well:
List of 2016 Nominees:
- Susan Leighton with the blog “Woman on the ledge”. I love sarcasm, laughing and creative writing. Her blog is all of those things and she is so kind. A rarity.
- Mike Senczyszak with the blog “Solsbury Hill“. I’ve had the luck to find a blog that satisfy my need for visual beauty with great photography and delightful reading with great articles.
- Rabia with the blog “Fairly Literary“, A geek after my heart! A colorful, fun and meaningful ride!
- Khadie with her blog that gives poetry and sweetness in a truly touching way.
- The Little Mermaid with her delightful blog and clever quotes.
- Msnubutterflies with her gorgeous blog who share a true and meaningful story.
- And of course, last but not least, scintillatingmemoirs whose posts delights me every time I read them. I don’t know if I can nominate her considering she already is, but I’m doing it anyway.
I realized that most of those blogs are way above the 200 followers rules and do not likely need help to be put on the map, but like I said, I haven’t had the time to explore WP in depth and find some hidden treasures. If you think there are blogs that I would like, please comment below and I’ll go check them out. You can also self-promote, it’s OK, no judging.
Now, in the following of the awards’s rules, Let’s share:
10 Random Fact about myself
- I’m a french girl born from Senegalese parents.
- I love chocolate way more than I should.
- The Harry Potter Series literally changed my life.
- Books and Music are two things I cannot live without.
- I fought hard to be happy.
- I lived in Israel for a month and loved it there.
- I’m a geek and my favorite comic book of all time is “Journey into Mystery” the 2010’s issues.
- Between Iphone and Smartphone, I choose Iphone. I like simplicity.
- I don’t own a TV.
- I can’t help but identify with or favor villains in movies and shows as soon as I know they had rough in the past.
OK, to those I nominated, here are the rules and you can find the original post here. If you wish to acknowledge the nomination I bestow upon you, read on! ^^
The Official Rules of the Liebster Award 2016
If you have been nominated for The Liebster Award AND YOU CHOOSE TO ACCEPT IT, write a blog post about the Liebster award in which you:
- Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog. Try to include a little promotion for the person who nominated you. They will thank you for it and those who you nominate will also help you out as well.
- Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.) At the bottom of this post I’ve included a whole lot of images you can use for your 2016 Liebster Award.
- For the 2016 Liebster Award I will be shaking things up! Write a 150-300 word post about your favourite blog that is not your own. Explain why you like the blog, provide links.
- Provide 10 random facts about yourself. (This year I’m making this optional. If you wish to engage with your readers it’s a great idea to include random facts about you.)
- Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 200 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!)
- List these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here.) Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
- Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post or mine if you don’t have all the information so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!)
Thank you to everyone who is following my blog and encouraging me to keep going. It means the world. Happy day y’all and all my love.