I’m super happy to say that JGC.COM aka “Journalist-Geo-Cultures” has been nominated for the 2019 Sunshine Blogger Award!
This is the fourth award I have acknowledged and having a blogger who deemed JGC Blog worthy always leaves me proud, humbled and grateful.
This award is doubly special to me because I have being struggling with procrastination this past 6 months. I haven’t being able to write and post on my blog despite having at least a dozen of articles ideas pilled up in my Trello!
Now, to the award, if you don’t already know it:
WHAT IS THE SUNSHINE BLOGGER AWARD?
The Sunshine Blogger award is given by bloggers to bloggers who inspire positivity and creativity in the blogging community.
Sunshine Blogger Award Rules
The rules are:
- Thank blogger(s) who nominated you for a blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
- Nominate up to 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
Now, let’s get on with ezee shad‘s 11 questions!
1. Do you think your blog has made someone’s life simpler?
I don’t know about “simple” but friends and random readers left me some amazing positive feedback especially on sensitive posts dealing with difficult subjects like grief and faith. I want to think those posts and the more cheerful ones help just a little and brightened the day of someone.
2. How many books have you read so far this year, which ones are your favorite?
Oh, I’ve read a lot of things this year (blog posts and fanfics mostly! 😂😂😂) but sadly no book yet. I still have five months left! Fingers crossed!
3. What has been your biggest challenges since you started the blog? and how did you overcome it?
4. What motivates you to get up in the morning?
The sheer determination of wanting to get my best life. I always tell myself that I’m a work in progress and the best version of me is yet to come. Gotta get up to find it right? Everyday is a step closer, a right step on the path of my self-excellence journey.
5.What are your best three quotes?
I cannot think of three but I’ll give you the one quote and the one poem I consider food for my spirit and soul:
“He who is different from me does not impoverish me – he enriches me. Our unity is constituted in something higher than ourselves – in Man… For no man seeks to hear his own echo, or to find his reflection in the glass.”
6. What do think is more effective, EQ or IQ?
You need IQ to make sense to EQ and you need EQ to make IQ effective. So I suppose EQ is the most effective… also I’d rather think that one without the other would make life difficult to live.
7. How do you think we can make the world a better place?
More empathy. More sympathy. More compassion.
If everyone takes the effort to put themselves in each other shoes and truly try to understand and feel their sufferings, the world would be a much better place to live in.
8. Who is your blogger bestie?
I don’t have one! Even in blogging, I’m an introvert; growing in my little bubble and shyly waving at everyone who is passing through!
9. Where are you blogging from?
Paris in France.
10. Any tips for beginner blogs?
Two words: Consistency and Honesty. You can’t go wrong with those two rules. If you write with honesty about what you really care about, consistency won’t be much of an issue because you will love writing and posting regularly.
11. What’s your best blog experience?
I have written over a hundred articles and looking back at all the work I put out there, all the feedback I’ve received and the people who decided to follow me?… the best experience is the realization that I created something authentic to me, something I can be proud of and go back to for confort, happiness and fun.
My 11 Nominees!
It’s my greatest pleasure to nominate the following bloggers! Congrats you guys, thank you for your feedback on my posts! ☺
- Christy B for the blog “whenwomeninspire.com”
- Chinedu Ikechukwu for the blog: “madotonero.com“
- Aidan for the blog: “iprate.wordpress.com“
- Ayesha for the blog: “theayeshasite.com“
- laleh Chini for the blog: “avoicefromiran.wordpress.com“
- Floatinggold for the blog: “dailyflabbergast.wordpress.com“
- Roughwithting for the blog: “roughwighting.net“
Wildmountaimthyme for the blog: “blooming-heather.com“
- Jessy for the blog: “faithandbooks.com“
- Dan James for the blog: “35hunter.blog“
jpcallenwrites for the blog: “jpcallenwrites.com“
OK! Again congratulations to all the nominees and thank you ezee shad for nominating me!